Sunday, July 30, 2017

Pueen Nail Stamp Starter Kit Review

Good afternoon folks!

Today I'll be discussing the Pueen Nail Stamp Starter Kit that I recently purchased at Walmart for $9.98.

So what all do you get for $9.98? Everything you see here:

  • Stamper: You'll get a single-ended jelly stamper. This is on the smaller side, and won't pick up an entire image on the plate enclosed. However, I found that it's rather easy to hold despite it's small stature. The head came ready to stamp right out of the box--I didn't even have to wash it with warm soapy water. The head is a bit firm for my tastes, but by no means as hard as the rubber heads of old. In my limited experience with this stamper, it does seem to work better if you push down on the image rather than roll, and then roll the image onto your nail. Everyone is different, however, so a different technique might work better for you.
  • Scraper: You'll also get the typical crown-shaped Pueen scraping card. For me, this was a bit difficult to control. It's much smaller and more stiff than the Bundle Monster scrapers I'm used to. The one good thing about this card, though, is that it's nearly impossible to scrape too hard. 
  • Plate: This kit comes with Pueen's Nail Party 01 stamping plate. The plate itself is very thick and sturdy, and the designs are well etched. There's a good variety of designs to choose from, so I think there's something here for everyone. I'm a big fan of the amoeba/blob pattern myself. 
  • Polishes: No kit would be complete without some stamping polishes. Pueen included the two basics, black and white. I'll warn you, though: unlike some stamping polishes, these should not be used as regular polish. They will crack when they dry! They do work well for what they're intended for, however. Just out of curiosity I pit them against Bundle Monster's black and white stamping polishes. As you can see here, they're pretty much identical. (This is the image that's under the glare in the above photo.)




Price wise, this kit is a fairly good investment. I'm not sure it would be the greatest for beginners, though. While the stamper head isn't bad, it can be a bit finicky if you're not used to stamping. Still, $10 for a 5-piece set isn't too shabby. 

But if I knew before I purchased what I know now, would I still purchase the kit? Ehhh, probably not. Maybe I've just gotten used to Bundle Monster products, but I think I'd probably go for one of their kits instead. While they are more expensive, you get a lot more stuff and have much larger variety to choose from. 

With that being said, if you see a Pueen stamping plate you like, grab it! Their plates are phenomenal. Even their small round plates are very well etched and easy to work with. As I mentioned in the last post, I also picked up their Fairytale Lovers 01 plate, and I'm absolutely in love with that thing. Worth every penny and then some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment