Thursday, July 13, 2017

Budget-Friendly Feature -- Wet 'n' Wild Ready to Propose

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!

Today I'll be featuring Wet 'n' Wild "Ready to Propose". This is a lovely gold polish that I purchased at Walgreens for $0.99. 

I have a tendency to prefer my gold polishes a bit more on the yellow side, but I have to say that this is probably my favorite gold that I own. It definitely leans more brown than yellow, but it's not that murky kind of brown that you can find in some golds (Sally Hansen "Golden-I", for example). 

The formula on "Ready to Propose" is phenomenal. It glides on smooth, isn't too runny, and is opaque in two easy coats. It's also great for stamping and water marbling. It does have a tendency to show a wee bit of brush strokes, though, so if that's something you abhor... this may not be the best option for you. I, of course, don't mind brush strokes at all, as I've mentioned before. 

The only downside to this polish isn't so much about the polish itself, but the entire line in general. I always have an issue with the Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shines not letting go of their brushes. You know... when you go to open your bottle and the cap comes off but the brush is still stuck in the bottle? Argh! I know this can happen with any brand, but it sure seems to happen a lot more often with the Wild Shines. And you know what I find a bit humorous? I have some Wet 'n' Wild polishes that are about 20 years old (no joke! still use 'em!) that very rarely have the brush-sticky issue. 

So, is "Ready to Propose" worth the $0.99 I paid for it? Absolutely. I mean, you really can't go wrong with something that cost you less than a dollar. And this is such a pretty color, with a great formula, that works with all types of nail art. I highly recommend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment