Thursday, August 3, 2017

Oops! NOT Dupes!

Greetings folks,

I have erred in my way!

In a recent haul post, I mentioned that Pure Ice "Eskimo Kisses" was basically the exact same as Pure Ice "Don't You Wish", but with a blue tinted base. I was wrong. Here's a swatch of each of them over China Glaze "Combat Blue-ts":


As you can see, they are actually a bit different. "Eskimo Kisses" is there on the left, and "Don't You Wish" is on the right. "Eskimo Kisses" has smaller, more dense glitters with a few big glitters here and there, while "Don't You Wish" has larger, more sparse glitters. The latter polish allows a bit more of the base color to show through.

I have swatched "Eskimo Kisses" on its own. Although those glitters are fairly dense and the base is lightly tinted, I don't think you could get it opaque on its own. "Don't You Wish" definitely wouldn't get opaque on its own. 

Yes, the polishes are similar, but they are not dupes as I had thought. My apologies for the error! 

No comments:

Post a Comment